Policy Restaurant and Lounge is an artistic, up-scale spot right off U St. NW. It has recently become a popular venue for social occasions so I’ve been there for a few events upstairs. Never disappointed by the food and always amazed by the art, I decided to have my pre-bday dinner there with Candace T. & Krissy Nicole.
Yo, our waiter… was a B****, Straight up.
1. I had two minutes before happy hour was over and she told me it was done.
2. She tried to take our food away a good ten times (maybe I’m over-exaggerating), but we were clearly not finished.
3. We asked her what her name was and she asked “Why?”
4. I asked her about an item that I knew they offered and she acted like she couldn’t serve it to me.
5. When I asked her to check with the kitchen about said item, she said she was “busy.”
6. She NEVER Smiled…. at us. But was uber friendly to all the other tables.
7. She didn’t hesitate to bring our check.
I wanted to host an event there, but sadly, I think I’ll pass. *Proceeds to write bad review on YELP*